Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick hi. I'm into N gauge, mostly German, but with a bit of American thrown in. I buy mainly on Ebay. I have a few small problems, like no assembly diagrams, finding spare gears for Piko loco's etc. My trackwork is a mixed bag of Peco, Minitrix, Kato and others.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Welcome to the party!

You sound embarassed abot modelling continental?

See you around.

Regards

John

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Embarrassed? No, I love the variety of continental models, esp. the crocodile and glaskasten, (wonder how I'm going to fit a decoder in one). What I'd like to see is Peco updating their track so that I don't have to mix and match different makes. I tried to follow one of their track plans and found that the setrack point has a different angle to the crossing, 22.5% and 25%. Frustrating!!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 17 Jan 2007, 15:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Embarrassed? No, I love the variety of continental models, esp. the crocodile and glaskasten, (wonder how I'm going to fit a decoder in one). What I'd like to see is Peco updating their track so that I don't have to mix and match different makes. I tried to follow one of their track plans and found that the setrack point has a different angle to the crossing, 22.5% and 25%. Frustrating!!

Have to agree on the Glaskaten, I've seen the sectioned example in the Nurnburg Transport Museum, if I could find an excuse I would run one!! You'll get on well after that comment about Peco.....

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 17 Jan 2007, 18:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why do you need an excuse to run one !

Strangely enough not many Bavarian (?) locos ran on the LSWR main line west of Salisbury!! However if a UK based preservation society managed to acquire one....................

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Gwent rail @ 18 Jan 2007, 16:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Go for it Britho, just put it in the stock cupboard when the pain-in-the-arse purists come to visit!!

Oh all right then, I could always hide in the disused goods shed when the purists arrivw.

Regards

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts