Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just joined up. I am new to railway modeling, but after 57 years I think I am just about old enough to play with trains.

I am looking forward to learning from my mistakes and from your knowledge.

I am thinking about a set up using two bases 6x4

·
Registered
243 Posts
Welcome to the forum Curnunnos great pic of your dogs in you avatar pic we had two but lossed one last year to heart failure and was only 9 yrs old our other one is 12yrs old and still going,and i am looking forward to seeing your progress of your model railway.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Keep us abreast of your progress please - any questions just ask - there's plenty of ppl here to help, no matter how small or "silly".

BTW - what (if any) area/period/scale are you starting with ?

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Hello from another Cavalier owner. There's plenty of advice available here.

>but lossed one last year to heart failure and was only 9 yrs old
Our chap was 9 at the start of the year and is now on heart tablets. His heart doesn't go thump, thump, thump, more whoosh, whoosh, whoosh.

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 6 Mar 2007, 22:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Curnunnos,

welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of advioce here.

I notice that your handle is the name of an old Celtic god, is that intentional or accidental?

Thanks for the welcome everyone, It's nice to know there are other cav lovers here Vicki the black and white cav is a rescue dog she has a bad heart, and is getting old. Willow is 3 years old.

I am wanting to do some kind of GWR 00 layout although I do not want to be too rigid, For me, enjoyment is more important than getting every detail right.

As for Curnunnos, My son is a Pagan, and I have a tattoo of the Greenman, but I am a Freemason and retired Vicar.
I retired after a very bad mental breakdown

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi there Curnunnos,

Welcome to the forum - just fire away any question you want. You should be able to get the answer somewhere on here.

Regards

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts