Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I take it from your name you lean toward the Southern. A good time to be one with all the new stuff from that way!
Regards,
Les

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi and welcome,

I noticed that ozwarrior mentioned the Southern - care to let us in on your plans.

regards

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Erm, sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. Ha! So, what are you talking about?

It was just a name. From Monty Python ans the Holy Grail.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm sorry SG I thought using that name you liked the Southern. Sir Galahad was one of the King Arthur class which has recently been released: Southern Railways number 456 and BR 30456. You might like to keep an eye out if they release that particular one. See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_King_...ass_locomotives

High Britho! I don't particularly model the Southern but do seem to be developing a soft spot for them. Perhaps when I was a kid my first set was a BR southern one? However one never knows what the future holds?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (ozwarrior @ 29 Oct 2007, 20:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps when I was a kid my first set was a BR southern one? However one never knows what the future holds?

Perhaps you were scared by a WC as a child........................

Regards

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 31 Oct 2007, 22:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi SG, welcome to the forum. Where about in Scotland are you from?
Hello neil_s_wood and adecoaches26point4.

I'm from Fife, if you know where that is, no one ever does.

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE I'm from Fife, if you know where that is, no one ever does
I was at Cupar railway exhibition last September as I happened to be passing through that weekend on a "delivery expedition".

David

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE I am familiar with Dunfermline
The closest I get is "Sir Patrick Spens" which I was supposed to have learnt (and possibly did) many many moons ago. Our current route to the east coast of Fife is via Stirling and then the A91 so that we can avoid the Forth Bridge and Kincardine Bridge.

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 6 Nov 2007, 09:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The closest I get is "Sir Patrick Spens" which I was supposed to have learnt (and possibly did) many many moons ago. Our current route to the east coast of Fife is via Stirling and then the A91 so that we can avoid the Forth Bridge and Kincardine Bridge.

David
Have you considered the new hovercraft option being trialed from Kirkcaldy to Edinburgh? I'm not sure if it takes cars or not but it would be an interesting alternative.

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE Have you considered the new hovercraft option being trialed from Kirkcaldy to Edinburgh? I'm not sure if it takes cars or not but it would be an interesting alternative.

I wasn't aware of that. I have to say that (perversely?) we do enjoy the drive along the A91 starting in the mill towns and then on into Kinross(shire?). Missing out the M8 is a big bonus, particularly in the light of last week's fatal accident.

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 7 Nov 2007, 04:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wasn't aware of that. I have to say that (perversely?) we do enjoy the drive along the A91 starting in the mill towns and then on into Kinross(shire?). Missing out the M8 is a big bonus, particularly in the light of last week's fatal accident.

David
I see what you mean, you will probably get a nice view of the Ochil hills that way. Well worth seeing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can see the Ochils from my window. Great in the winter when there is snow on them in the morning. Beautiful!

QUOTE I am familiar with Dunfermline, I have relatives there. It seems OK or the parts I've seen of it.

Well when you are in it a lot it's awful (smells funny!). And now thery are building a new bus station and shopping centre so the centre of the town is in chaos! Roads dug up all over the place.

And the hovercraft is only for peoples. Always best to avoid the Froth Road bridge, It will probably fall down at any minute. Altho they are building a new Kinkardine bridge so that will be better. looks pretty good too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts