Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Everybody

My name is Marcus Jellyman, currently living in Harlow in Essex but grew up in Windsor. I'm a Electrical engineer at Stansted Airport looking after all the airfield ground lighting (Runway's, taxiway's etc).

My main pastime is aviation photography (www.gulfstreamimages.co.uk) and aircraft modelling but have always had a interest in railways.

This will be my first built since being a boy. For my layout i'm going for the 70's through to the early 90's, and going to scratch build Brunel built Slough station along with Burnham station. As a kid we would get the service across from Windsor to Slough, i would sit and watch whilst mum went shopping!! Also my Aunt's house backed onto the banking which led upto Burnham.

I've gone straight for DCC, and have bought a couple of my favourite Loco's, the 50.

All i need now is around a year to clear the loft!!!!!

All the Best

Marcus

·
Registered
894 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your project.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hello mate and welcome if its anything like my loft youve got a job on good luck mate

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Marcus and welcome to the forum,

One thing is certain - if you get stuck for an answer to anything just post it here and someone out there will soon be along with at least one answer.

Enjoy your return to modelling!

Regards

·
Registered
89 Posts
Marcus, how the devil are you, welcome to the forum, a very enjotable site to be on. Best of luck with your "MR" mate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts