Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bradley McMullan
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!,
im Bradley McMullan age 22 and from Leeds,Wyorks

i have been interested in model railway and slot car scene since being a child,and since i have started working full time over the last 5 yrs i have been collecting and building again,in 00gauge and 1/32 slot car (hehe!)

i also collect die cast buses and railway books/dvds etc..
i wont admit to being a fantastic modeller of railways,i often get frustrated whilst trying to build something which resembles a layout i have seen at an exhibition and then it just doesnt work!
but hey ho...we persevere!!
i am currently working on my layout based in the garage loft,main station area base don the idea of poulton le fylde station...i.e easy to model because u can use the station building as the entrance to the backscene..
easy option ha!
also have a sport scalextric layout below the railway .
the forum looks very interesting and im sure i will find it all v helpful!

cheers

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice to see another local on here.

·
Bradley McMullan
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers folks!!

just down the road from me spongebob,im in tingley!..

doug and dendavid!.....haha i am already on slotforum...no worries there!!
its fantastical!!
haha

·
Registered
763 Posts
QUOTE (arrivayorkshire @ 24 Feb 2006, 20:59)cheers folks!!

just down the road from me spongebob,im in tingley!..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I used to live in Morley and my parents still do, prior to that i lived in West Ardsley. I'm currently trying to do a bit of digging to find out a bit more about the line that used to run from near Tingley roundabout through Morley and on to Bradford. That and the one which used to branch off towards West Ardsley which appears to join up with the line to Batley just after Morley tunnel.

·
Bradley McMullan
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spongebob,have you been on google earth??
try it,i wanted answers to exactly the sae question the other day...i.e,where the trackbeds of all the local rail lines are/were..they all become very clear on the google earth site!!
also,im sure your are aware,but the platforms of woodkirk station still exist..

·
Registered
763 Posts
Google Earth is a useful tool especially if the area you want is in one of the photo image areas. It's so good i can even see my car parked at work, the photo is a few years old though as it is my old one.
I wasn't aware of the platform at Woodkirk until you mentioned it but having looked again its obvious where it is.When I was a kid the Morley top station was still very much intact and we used to knock around on it quite a bit, sadly the only sign of it now is the end wall that was the start of the bridge, oh and some railway cottages.
Another route i've looked along is from Keighley to Queensbury near Halifax the viaducts and line of which is also extremely visible. Its funny how you can also trace the line of a tunnel on the surface in a lot of places.

·
Bradley McMullan
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
google earth ..its excellent im very impressed!
glad you can see the platforms now...it would be nice to see trains running through there again!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all ,

New to the forum and Living in Rothwell,

I grew up in Tingley and lived in morley for a couple of years too. I have also studied the tingley, morley, woodkirk, and ardsley areas and have maps and piccies etc. Woodkirk station was still up when I was a lad in the early eighties but has since fallen down.

Nice to meet you all anyway!

Cudders

P.S. I'm into N gauge LMS and LNER. No layout at present but plans are afoot. Have about 50 locos ready to go

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (cudders @ 8 Jun 2007, 21:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>P.S. I'm into N gauge LMS and LNER. No layout at present but plans are afoot. Have about 50 locos ready to go

Hullo there Cudders,

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to your contributions! Splendid to see that there is someone else apart from me out there with far too many locomotives to fit with decoders without rupturing the vault...
...are you thinking of going DCC? or will most locomotives be a static display around the loco shed, or kept in their boxes and guarded from that trio of evils every hardened collector fears: sunlight, dust and fun?

Goedel

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we look forward to your contributions! Splendid to see that there is someone else apart from me out there with far too many locomotives to fit with decoders without rupturing the vault...
...are you thinking of going DCC? or will most locomotives be a static display around the loco shed, or kept in their boxes and guarded from that trio of evils every hardened collector fears: sunlight, dust and fun?

Goedel
[/quote]

Hi mate,

I would love to go DCC but doubt most of my engines could be converted. Lots of kit built and farish and union mills. Not too sure what to go with just yet. Still planning etc, you know how it is! I try to run all my locos except those that have died a death so to speak. The odd static one is fine. I'm also waiting for Dapol to release the Gresley coaches in LNER. I sold most of my old minitrix coaches so only have about 10 left. Reckon I'll need at least 30 new ones. Also wish someone would make some decent suburban stock for LNER, there are so many types that could be used and also painted up for BR etc.... Never seem to get what I need from the main suppliers

Cudders.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts