Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Select a default loco - others too can be added
Favorite choices for default forum loco (not limited to one)
Industrial narrow gauge locomotive and a few little wagons912.00%
Class 3134.00%
Tornado in its "Paint job du jour"1418.67%
Warship68.00%
Peak45.33%
Big Boy 68.00%
BR5256.67%
Bulleid Q168.00%
Pug68.00%
Aeg/Siemens E1922.67%
DRG class 98.3 Glasskasten45.33%
SBB class Ce 6/8 Krokodil34.00%
DB Class 411.2 ICE-T 34.00%
TGV or AGV45.33%
General penchant
Steam2362.16%
Diesel1027.03%
Electric410.81%

·
DT
4,794 Posts
We have had the Deltic up as the default loco for quite a while...

Note that you can change the default image at the top of the forum. The drop-down selection box on the bottom left of the page allows you to select the skins. As well as the Deltic, there is a Double-tender Flying Scotsman, a couple of EWS Diesels a Live Steam cutaway and a GMAM Garratt there to choose from.

Also note that you can select one of these skins for your blog, even if you leave the default skin of the forum as it is. Look at my Blog to see the graphic.

The Deltic is what visitors who have not selected a skin see when they visit or join up to the forum.

How about another default image for 2009?

Any suggestions? I need a nice image so please suggest something that has a suitable (profile) image somewhere - perhaps give a link to the image. We can run a quick poll once a few suggestions have been made.

·
Totally Crazy.......
684 Posts
Hiya Doug,

can we have a little industrial narrow gauge locomotive and maybe a few little wagons ??

Maybe you could put a coach up there like a maunsell and write model rail forum down the
side of it and have a likkle loco puling it like a terrier etc.....

or maybe a class 31 cause they are kewl

nikki

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 24 Mar 2009, 09:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>pick one up, a taste of steamers for all

Baykal

Hi Baykal can you tell me please how do you apply the download to "anything" I have downloaded the A4 but don't know how to apply to anything 'DOOH'

Many thanks & Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Hi Paul,

It probably works like if you are posting in a forum. Right click and go to properties then copy the url between the two
tabs, then it works, other then that I honestly do not know.

Baykal

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
How about Tornado in its "Paint job du jour" ?

David

·
Registered
342 Posts
It should be something appropriate to this year tornado would be suitable or something else that celebrates an anniversary such as something that was new in 1959 plenty of diesels to choose from perhaps a warship or peak ?

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Hi Doug,

After a poll on images could we have a different one every month do you think ?

Paul you could save the download to your photobucket and post it here

My image would be the Big Boy

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi Nick thanks for your reply but I'm afraid I just can't seem to do it! I have downloaded the A4 but it will not go into my photobucket site. I really don't know what to do now!
Any help would be very appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
QUOTE (madon37s @ 24 Mar 2009, 21:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Nick thanks for your reply but I'm afraid I just can't seem to do it! I have downloaded the A4 but it will not go into my photobucket site. I really don't know what to do now!
Any help would be very appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Right click on the image you like in ebaykal's link in his posting save the picture then open your photobucket upload the image click edit let the page load click cancel let it load again it will give you 4 option links on the right

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

Left click on the IMG box and it will highlight black right click on it copy and paste in your posting here ...... preview the post and if your happy with it submit.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Do you mean like this Nick!

Actually I just tried it and the text at the bottom came up and wouldn't let me upload! Now I'm really stuffed as to what to do

Kind regards

Paul

You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
QUOTE (madon37s @ 25 Mar 2009, 08:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you mean like this Nick!

Actually I just tried it and the text at the bottom came up and wouldn't let me upload! Now I'm really stuffed as to what to do

Kind regards

Paul

You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to

Hi Paul,

As i said go to ebaykal's posting and open the link ........... http://www.lokomotive.de/bildergalerie/dampfloks.html

scroll to the picture you want to post place your cursor over it right click and save to your pictures on pc.

Open your photobucket choose files search for the image place the cursor over the image highlight it click open and it will load to photobucket when the image appears in your photobucket click edit under the image let the page load click cancel let it load again it will give you 4 option links on the right

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

Left click on the IMG box and it will highlight black right click on it copy and paste in your posting here ...... preview the post and if your happy with it submit.

It does work i have just tried it

Did you click on the IMG code to copy it here ? only thing i can think of is your trying to put the link to the download here if so they will be too large to post, you dont need to post the download just the picture.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Paul, the "download" section next to the loco's has nothing to do with what you intend to do. It's mere information about the loco in "notepad" format.
Try what Nick has explained.

...this is fun

Baykal

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

Has that worked? There should be a picture above this text!!

Yes it has thank god for that!! Many thanks for your patience with me Nick and Baykal!

It is fun isn't it!

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
QUOTE (Madkitten @ 24 Mar 2009, 08:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hiya Doug,

can we have a little industrial narrow gauge locomotive and maybe a few little wagons ??

Maybe you could put a coach up there like a maunsell and write model rail forum down the
side of it and have a likkle loco puling it like a terrier etc.....

or maybe a class 31 cause they are kewl

nikki

Totaly agree with the narrow gauge suggestion, as don't forget its not just standard gauge modelling

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
QUOTE (madon37s @ 25 Mar 2009, 15:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has that worked? There should be a picture above this text!!

Yes it has thank god for that!! Many thanks for your patience with me Nick and Baykal!

It is fun isn't it!

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Your welcome .......... glad you got it sorted

same method for posting pics on any of your posts

1 - 20 of 47 Posts