Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have been asked to try and find out where I can get a nissan (is that the right spelling?) hut from by one of the members at our club. I thought Hayburn Hamlets but apparently they don't do one. Any ideas?

Chris Wright

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
there is actually one in a back garden in kensington with a model railway in it. but the hut is to 1:1 scale.

Yes Nissen as they were named after the inventor dont know his first name but at a guess i think people must have called him Mr Nissen!
Interestingly they are still manufactured and i understand you can buy spare parts for any nissen hut. sort of like the Morgan car of the prefab building world!

Peter

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (poliss @ 10 May 2007, 23:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They're called Nissen huts, spelling it nissan is a trifle unfortunate considering the era they are from. :)
A quick search on Google found some 1/72 versions from Amera Plastic Mouldings.
Website http://www.amera.co.uk/172nd.php?action=Ad...h%20Battlefield
Thanks for that yes it was a bit un PC the spelling, that was why I brought up the doubt about it in the first place as I am well aware of the offence it may cause. I am grateful for the link and going for a look now. I was going to do a search on google today but find that this forum is very good at sorting the wheat from the chaff and can sav e a lot of time looking at stuff.

Chris

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Chris,

I don't know if it's still available but Roco used to do one in the Minitanks range (1/87).

Regards

John

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 11 May 2007, 08:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Chris,

I don't know if it's still available but Roco used to do one in the Minitanks range (1/87).

Regards

John
Thanks for that John I will have a look. Now that the other members of the club know I am on here I am tasked with finding all sorts. I have suggested that they have a look on the forum as well but I think at the moment they are happy for me to do the donkey work.

Chris

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (chriswright03 @ 11 May 2007, 09:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now that the other members of the club know I am on here I am tasked with finding all sorts. I have suggested that they have a look on the forum as well but I think at the moment they are happy for me to do the donkey work.

Chris

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it, anyway you get to talk to the good guys.

Regards

John

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I came across a company selling Nissan huts in 2mm, 3mm, 4mm and 7mm scale at the South-West Herts MRC exhibition today (Sat. 12th May). They are Gramodels, run by Graham Baker, 18 Lower Tail, Carpenders Park, WATFORD, WD19 5DD www.gramodels.co.uk
They also make a wide range of military vehicles and other models in 2mm and 4mm scale particularly.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all for your help with this. I have passed the details onto the guy who wants them (in Thailand) so he can make his mind up. Once again the Model Rail Forum comes up with the goods. What a brill site this is love it!

Chris

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
QUOTE (chriswright03 @ 11 May 2007, 06:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for that yes it was a bit un PC the spelling, that was why I brought up the doubt about it in the first place as I am well aware of the offence it may cause. I am grateful for the link and going for a look now. I was going to do a search on google today but find that this forum is very good at sorting the wheat from the chaff and can sav e a lot of time looking at stuff.

Chris

I saw a politically correct Nissen hut once. It was on the edge of a field deep in rural Northamptonshire. This would have been at the time of the first General Election after the end of World War 2. There was a poster on the door requesting all to "vote for Mr Churchill"

(10001)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
QUOTE (chriswright03 @ 11 May 2007, 06:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for that yes it was a bit un PC the spelling, that was why I brought up the doubt about it in the first place as I am well aware of the offence it may cause. I am grateful for the link and going for a look now. I was going to do a search on google today but find that this forum is very good at sorting the wheat from the chaff and can sav e a lot of time looking at stuff.

Chris

I saw a politically correct Nissen hut once. It was on the edge of a field deep in rural Northamptonshire. This would have been at the time of the first General Election after the end of World War 2. There was a poster on the door requesting all to "vote for Mr Churchill"

(10001)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts