Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

i have been looking around and i cant find how to wire a peco crossing, well i can if the crossing was connecting two sets of points. but what mine will do is come out of one set of points across a running line and join to a second set of points. what i want to do is in a section of 3 trains turn off track one to track 3, hope you see what i mean.

thanks guys
francesco

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
I created this drawing so that I could work out how to wire an electrofrog (live frog) crossing. It might help:

David

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 23 Dec 2008, 23:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I created this drawing so that I could work out how to wire an electrofrog (live frog) crossing. It might help:

David

hi,
would it be the same for the normal type of points?.

thanks

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE would it be the same for the normal type of points?.

Insulfrog crossings are a much simpler proposition. If I remember correctly, they can be treated like two ordinary pieces of track which cross without interfering with other electrical, so no special treatment is required. You certainly wouldn't need the switches.

My primary reason for posting the diagram was for the drawings along the bottom. They give you an idea of the sections you need to think about.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts