Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, as the topic title suggests I need help with the livery of my Mickey Mouse.
In view of the fact that at the moment there is no RTR Ivatt 2MT available in the 2-6-0 tender form and I don't have the tools to build one in kit form. I've got an old Hornby one from 25 odd years ago and set about detailing it, looks pretty darn good even if I do say so myself and my local model club are well pleased with the one I did for the club layout.
But as my railway is a heritage line I thought I'd do something a bit different for my own Ivatt, I've painted her red and intend to number her 46441 when I get around to putting the numbers on, but I'm having a spot of bother with the livery. For those of you who don't know the real 46441 is painted in an in-authentic LMS style BR livery like Princess Margret Rose, the trouble is I don't know how the tender is lined out and all the photos I've found on the web so for are of front 3/4 shots and not much help.
What I need to know, and any photos that anyone has that could help would be greatfully received, is apart from the tank sides what else is lined? So that's the back of the tank, the back of the cab and the sides and back of the bunker.
Thanks to anybody who can help me out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts