Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

i am starting up a part time business with my hobby , i will be making layouts for people , dcc wireing , scenics etc , can anybody help me with a good photo of their model railway for my business card , if you can please post one on here i could use , thank you all so much

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
I don't wish to sound negative but if you are going into business to build model railways for others wouldn't it be better to promote your OWN work?
Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i did , and i am going to copy hers , yes i do have a layout in my garage , but its not finished , many thanks

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
IMHO you need to invest some time & a little money in creating a set piece to use for your cards. I would not be happy at all if someone used examples of my work to promote their business.

With permission from the owner I suppose it would be OK, but not the best of business practice, let alone what Trading Standards may or may not think about it.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Silly question but why would you want to do that? Surely if you are going to be a professional model maker your standards should already be very high and there should be no need.

If its a case of not having access to your own work then a nice E-mail to the owner often goes a long way. I have never been refused access to a model I have made. Many of the owners are very understanding and are delighted that I concider the model worthy of attention.

Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts