Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

HI GUYS, IAM HAVING PROB WITH MY PRODIGY ADVANCE. I GOT SOME CHIPS FROM A FREIND WHICH HE PROGRAMED FOR ONE OF HIS TRAINS, WHICH NUMBER WE DONT KNOW AS HE DID NOT TAG THEM!!!. IS THERE ANY WAY OF READING THE CHIP WHEN ITS IN A LOCO TO SEE WHAT NUMBER IT HAS BEEN GIVEN?. IF NOT WAT CAN I DO??

MANY THANKS GUYS

FRANCESCO

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (pepe007 @ 5 Feb 2008, 18:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HI GUYS, IAM HAVING PROB WITH MY PRODIGY ADVANCE. I GOT SOME CHIPS FROM A FREIND WHICH HE PROGRAMED FOR ONE OF HIS TRAINS, WHICH NUMBER WE DONT KNOW AS HE DID NOT TAG THEM!!!. IS THERE ANY WAY OF READING THE CHIP WHEN ITS IN A LOCO TO SEE WHAT NUMBER IT HAS BEEN GIVEN?. IF NOT WAT CAN I DO??

MANY THANKS GUYS

FRANCESCO

Francesco, read the manual. Page 10 tells you how. In case you have lost the manual, here are the relevant pages posted below. lease note this will only work if your decoder is able to support read-back. If not, then find the manual on the decoder brand website and look for instuctions to do a factory reset - if you do that, then the address will become 3.

regards

Richard

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

thanks guys i got my hst power car to move, ok its slow even at 125 but it moves, does any one know whats best to put in when programing the chip i e acc/dcc stv, cv, tv???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts