Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

please help i cant thinkg of a layout design please can you send some layout designs that i can use

thanks gerritsen

·
DT
4,794 Posts
And also...

How much space to you have and what budget do you have available?

Do you want a layout to run trains, or are you interested in a smaller space with more detail?

A layout for the home, or a layout to transport to exhibitions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry about that i have my track and my trains and the scale is oo gauge

any time and country dosnt really matter nd it is a home one

it is a small board
the length is 52inchs
and the height is 3ft
thanks for the help does this info help if it does please relpy please

thanks gerritsen

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi, when you say height do you width? If the board is 3ft by 4ft 4 inches you are going to be quite restricted in my opinion. How about a yard or branch line station scene? Have you many points or turnouts to work with?
Is there any chance of extending the layout size, for instance a temporary board that could be fixed in place whilst operating that could have a fiddle yard on it. That way your main scenic board can be fully utilised and you stock not running is "off stage" on the fiddle borad.
Hope you find something that suits you, what loco's carriages etc are you running? I guess with the board size, tank engines and alike would be better than pacifics!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Button @ 10 Aug 2007, 16:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I guess with the board size, tank engines and alike would be better than pacifics!

With that sort of board size I would suggest an industrial type layout. If set in the 50's/60's you can run just about anything as many ex BR loco's were sold on into industrial use. There is also the possibility of green or blue diesels on transfer work or if in the mid 60's an 8F or black 5 could be used.

Any further advice you need ask away.

Oh by the way welcome to the forum.

Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts