Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a Bachmann 31-559 V2 "Green Arrow" in British Railways green with a late crest. I have been offered it on the basis that it is a limited edition. However, I can't confirm this anywhere, and there doesn't appear to be any certificate with it. Can someone PLEASE confirm for me whether this is a limited edition engine, or whether I am being sold a pup?

I would be extremely grateful for a swift reply.

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Robert Stokes @ 9 Nov 2007, 19:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I put "Bachmann 31-559" into google and found only three references. The first was for a Vectis auction in 2005 when this engine AND two others, a J39 and a V3, made a total of £80.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Robert. I had seen that as well. The reason I thought it was is that Ramsays guide has it down as a limited edition of 500. I am not sure how to find out, and there is no definitive resource for Bachmann themselves. I always count Vectis as a "trade" auction, hence their prices. They are the opposite end of the market to eBay, i.e. no looney prices!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.