Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi one and all. I'm currently rekindling my childhood love of railways and model railways.

About a year and a half ago I brought my first house and this has given me the opportunity to..... well do what I want and not get told that I can't fill lofts or bedrooms up with models!!!!

I have so far constructed a very simple layout to "practice" on.......

...... as you can see there have been a couple of changes of heart in regars to the track plan! The rolling stock is all old stuff I had 20 years ago as are any buildings on the layout.

This layout will probably be dismantled eventually as and when a "proper" layout is built here.......

Many years of fun to be had no doubt!

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Steve

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Steve.

Many questions to be posted over the next few months no doubt, last time I touched a model railway I was 9 years old and the realism and detail I am seeking now-a-days was not my first prioirty back then! lol

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
I know what you mean! Please do ask lots of questions, there are lots of very helpful folk on this forum. Also we like to see progress photos. Its a good idea to use a hosting site such as photobuck or flickr for photos and link from here to there using img code. Also, as not all members are on broadband or use more than 600x800 screen resolution please make sure that pictures posted are kept to a maximum of 700 pixles.
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome to the MRF.

You'll find plenty of sound advice here and, if you can't find what you're looking for using the search engine, then just post your question and someone will be along in no time to answer it.

We're a pretty friendly bunch and there are some really expert modellers among our growing ranks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve - All photos are 600 x 800 and the links are to photobucket

Trevor - I think I'm gonna need all the help I can get!!!! lol

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Sorry for sucking eggs

Steve

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Welcome Steve to the MRF

Hope you enjoy using this site and just remember model railways are a hobby to be enjoyed and its your layout!!

Kind regards
Paul

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Hi Steve, this is a great forum,full of helpfull people,"is that a Doberman supporting your layout"?

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
FYI Dave Jones is the original poster.
Steve

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome.

I hope you enjoy your visits

Regards

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
QUOTE (wolverton bloomer @ 3 Feb 2009, 15:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>FYI Dave Jones is the original poster.
Steve

Sorry Dave about that!!!
Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do there are many people who will freely give you advice if you ask.

Sorry Steve about the confusion!!

Kind regards
Paul

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 3 Feb 2009, 19:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just realised - another Dave !

And what's wrong with that?

Regards

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Compared to some of the names I've been called in my life being called Steve is the last of my worries.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts