Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just a courtesy intro by a newbie here - hope this is the right thing to do.

Long-time model railway fan with eclectic interests - OO, N, 009, and On30, general book and magazines, heritage railways and so on...Jack of All Trades, but master of none I'm afraid.

Enjoy scenic modelling, but don't like electrics really.

Bought a small 009 former exhibition layout, and building a basic On30 working diorama depicting logging operation. Also built a diorama shelf layout featuring the Bachmann 'Lafayette' set. Thinking of an Alpine diorama or small layout next. Previous efforts in 00 and N were enjoyable but took up too much space.

This site was mentioned in HM issue 14, and I look forward to checking in frequently.

Thanks for the opportunity to say 'hello' - hopefully will get to know everyone over time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (bike2steam @ 15 Jul 2008, 10:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome, and there was me thinking that with a username like that you lived local, Tolpuddle is only 4 miles away from here!!
Paul M.

Nice one Paul - I love the village, but its the connection with the TMs that inspired my username. Have been using it on various forums since 2001 and haven't noticed another like it yet...

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi TPM and welcome to the forum,

Hope you enjoy your visits and get to contribute on a regular basis.

QUOTE (tolpuddleman @ 15 Jul 2008, 06:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Enjoy scenic modelling, but don't like electrics really.

Now thats a feeling I know - my soldering is er how shall I put this - not good!

Thats why I do the scenery on St Laurent while Brian deals with the electrical side.

Regards

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. A nice friendly place to be...

Already I got promoted from Baggage Porter to Ticket Collector

1 - 8 of 8 Posts