Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just like to say hi to everyone i model in n gauge ive been away from the scene for a few years but now im back ive got my boards set up 12 x 2 i'm at the scratching my head stage what to model i used to go down to my local station as a kid watching the peaks thundering through sadly its no longer there the mainline tracks are down to two lines instead of four its still a busy route my big regret is not taking photo's of it as now it would of been a great project ive searched the internet looked in books advertised in media hoping someone might have a picture of PARKGATE STATION in south yorkshire it was featured in the film TREAD SOFTLY STRANGER which was filmed many many years go my uncle appeared in the film as an extra and gets a full view in the camera shot he appeared im toying with a version of sheffield midland station or sheffield station as it is now called not a brick by brick but just a general overall layout i will post pictures as it progress's of whatever layout i decide on have fun

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I take it you favour the peaks then

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I remember them very well from the mid 70's to the early 80's, particularly working the NE - SW services. Window hanging on the Lickey Bank with a 45 on the front was seriously noisy. But great fun.

Regards

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts