Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Baz and I live in Bristol. Haven't got a layout as such, waiting for the kids to grow up and move out (or get a bigger house). I collect modern image 00 and have started to convert some loco's to DCC. I hope I am doing the right thing as this seems to be the way to go. Would much appreciate any advice.

Thanks Baz

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome, welcome
- I still feel like I'm a new guy around town, so good to see more newbies arrivin'!

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (baz @ 17 Jan 2008, 21:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi my name is Baz and I live in Bristol. Haven't got a layout as such, waiting for the kids to grow up and move out (or get a bigger house). I collect modern image 00 and have started to convert some loco's to DCC. I hope I am doing the right thing as this seems to be the way to go. Would much appreciate any advice.
Thanks Baz

Hi Baz, welcome to the forum. I'm a new member too and like you i'm interested in modern image 00 and DCC.

Have you considered a shelf layout or something similar? It's a quick and easy way to build a layout without taking up much space. And it can be as cheap or expensive as you can want!

Rik

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Baz and welcome,

I think DCC is the way to go, however if posting DCC questions here be warned it can get a little warm and the use of a hard hat is recommended.

Regards

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Hi Baz, welcome to the Forum.

I would qualify BritHO's comment

QUOTE if posting DCC questions here be warned it can get a little warm and the use of a hard hat is recommended.

as follows:-

I think it's the opinions being posted that create the heat; questions are mostly harmless, though some may be asked and answered before so a quick check with the Forum search facility (use the "classic" rather than Google option) may reveal what you need to know.

David

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome and hope to join lots of the topics on the forum

Regards Baz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts