Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just joined the forum, the name's Ron.

After 30 years out of modelling 8 years ago my wife brought me a Z gauge starter and I got the bug to start again. I ran with Z until 4 years ago when we moved and I was allowed to use the 8x 6 study for a model room. At this stage I switched to N gauge but still continued with the continental theme.
My layout is based somewhere in the Munich -Lindau area which allows me to run a diesel only layout.
Three years ago I when DCC with a ZTC 511 and recently changed to NCE Pro.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi Ron,
Welcome to the forum.
Steve

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Hi Ron,

welcome to the forum. My layout is also based on Bavaria, although Nurnberg rather than Munich. I'm also steam focussed but do have the odd diesel

I also model KPEV too or will once I knock up a diorama to run the loco's on.

cheers

Neil

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (RonDB @ 30 Mar 2009, 19:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi just joined the forum, the name's Ron.

After 30 years out of modelling 8 years ago my wife brought me a Z gauge starter and I got the bug to start again. I ran with Z until 4 years ago when we moved and I was allowed to use the 8x 6 study for a model room. At this stage I switched to N gauge but still continued with the continental theme.
My layout is based somewhere in the Munich -Lindau area which allows me to run a diesel only layout.
Three years ago I when DCC with a ZTC 511 and recently changed to NCE Pro.

A warm welcome to the forum Ron

It's great to have another N scale enthusiast on here, what time period are you modelling Ron? That corner of Bavaria is very nice whatever the time period!

Perhaps you would like to share some pictures of your creation, it's always good to see how others enjoy the hobby. I'm currently at the planning stage for my new layout (Austrian N scale) but I have gone digital, and it is fairly easy to do in N scale with the latest small decoders. Even TCS from America do a NEM651 direct-plug-in decoder now!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi Ron

Welcome to the MRF. I'm sure you will find it as I have done a very enjoyable experience.
Good to have you onboard.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
hi Ron and welcome

Personally I model a bit of everything but have a bit of a love for Bavarian.

Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts