Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi my is steven i have just joined the forum from a link on another forum for the 2006 hornby products so i thought i would join here as seems a great forum to be a member of,My first layout started as a 6x4 but started to grow bigger as i soon got bored of it.My new layout that i am building in our loft which is my forth attempt at a layout as the first two got dismantled and never got further than just having track layed.

This new layout measure 6ft 6"x20ft 9" and has four tracks two lower and two upper with a diesel depot and steam sheds with a turntable on the lower level,with a big station on the upper layout and has some track down from when it was in the spare bedroom and the rest of the track has yet to be layed.

All my track is hornby but i will be having some peco code 100 flexi track for under the station and the station area,and all my loco and rolling stock is hornby.

I have a website about my layout that will be updated soon and has a few pics of my third layout i tried to build and can be found here:My layout website

I also have fotopic site that has more pics of my second,third layout i built and my new layout i am building also some other pics and can be found here:My layout pics site

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is how my layout looked at the end on november.

That one now has the boards fitted to it and i still have the 4'x6" board to go in on the end of the 6'x4'.

All track that wasn't pinned down has been packed away in a box and put in my bedroom because i was getting damp in the rails with it being cold in the loft,because my heater can't be used till i make a frame for it to go on this weekend and i hope to start laying track down when i get a box of peco flexi track to do the fiddle yard at the weekend too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thanks guys for the welcome.

I forgot to put the other end of the layout on here but this one doesn't have the other baseboards attached to it as i haven't got one with them.

Anyway heres the other end of the layout.

Also i will be using this station track plan but making it longer to 12ft to the right without the curved track so the station can be made longer,but because this one is for a 8ft wide layout and mine is only 6ft 6" it will be slightly modified to fit in my space.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took a photo of it from my book a have but that will only be a 4'x12'x2' part of my layout and is on the upper level and the rest of the layout track plan is on my website.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is my forth attempt at a layout first three never got further than track laying,if i have any question along the way i will be sure to ask them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts