Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been modelling a N gauge layout in the spare bedroom for the last 4 years, I thought I'd better come out at long last and join a modellers forum. My layout is set somewhere in Cornwall (my home county) and is based on a small country station on the mainline to Penzance but with Southern expresses also running. (Mr. Brunel would probably turn over in his grave if he knew).
This first attempt is 85% complete but my thoughts are turning to a small diorama with DCC. I know absolutely nothing about this, hence my reason for joining this forum.

Looking forward to learning more and being inspired,

Wes Tern

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the Forum.

There are a few members who share your particular interest in n gauge GWR on DCC, so you've come to the right place

David

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi Wes,

Welcome to this forum. Any questions just ask!

Do put some pictures on of your layout for all of us to see.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Wes and welcome to the MRF from another GWR N Gauger. Good to have a fellow modeller on board.

Put up a post in the 'On My Layout' Forum and I will do my best to advise you on the options available.

My own layout will be quite large when completed though it is, unfortunately, still in the pre-construction/ planning stage at the moment. I have, however, purchased most of my locos and rolling stock, plus an ESU DCC Controller and have built my point control panels. Presently concentrating efforts on building a 1.5 metre long viaduct which will form the centre piece of my 'U' shaped layout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts