Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on the forum a while but never seem to get the time to post but decided to stop lurking and join in. Interests are mainly current scene with a bit of 1980's Scottish thrown in for good measure. Model in 00 with view to going 0 gauge soon. Hope to contribute with some lively debate.
Cheers
PS

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mainly West of Scotland as those on the East half tend to eat their live young

As for the debate, there is far too much "my way is the right way" and I'm sick of it. We can all learn from each other and there should be more tolerance in the hobby. I watched a debate unfold over on another forum where some people were shouting down Hornby for choosing to issue locos only with decoders fitted. I had to laugh as it degenerated into a bit of a slagging match. Whilst I agree that Hornby scored a bit of an own goal with the spec of decoder, they are to be applauded for taking DCC forward and I do believe that it is the future of the hobby.

As far as I'm concerned, a spade is indeed a spade

Cheers
PS

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE Mainly West of Scotland as those on the East half tend to eat their live young So where are you from then?

When you say West are you talking StrathClyde or West Highland? I'd like to do both but don't have the space so I'm doing a bit of a compromise in that it's West Highland but gets the odd SPT DMU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts