Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone from down under just came across this forum,just starting off modelling any tips..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 18 May 2006, 08:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Loz welcome on board. Maybe browse some of the discussions and see what some of the arguements are for and against some of the different options then start asking questions once you've got an idea what suits you best. Your first consideration is probably space. How much room do you have?

iam trying to set up a bedroom very soon..

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
You probably want to measure what space you have then start flicking through track plan books for ideas. Some people prefer a continuous loop so trains can keep on running where as others like a terminus to terminus U shaped layout if they are into switching and so. This is probably the most important part so don't rush it. Have a good think and look at other layouts for ideas.

You might want to incorporate a feature such as a big crane or station and decide where you want it to represent. There are thousands of options. The hard thing is to not overload your layout with too much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi ben i havent made my mind up yet the locos iam buying i think it will be 80s to now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts