Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
He was actually born in Swansea - his father was Scottish - so what is he ?
Interesting evening on BBC4 tomorrow - if you are in to Railways .

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Bilbo @ 1 Oct 2008, 18:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He was actually born in Swansea

Whereas according to a couple of other sites he was born and educated in Maidstone!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I sat and watched this last night and found it to be balanced and informative. Plus we had some excellent archive footage to watch as well.

Regards

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
i actualy prefered the victoria wood programme that followed but it was a good watch.

I have just seent he viewing figures on the hislop programme and they are stunning!
It was the channels second highest rating programme ever! (after "the curse of steptoe").
it had an audience of (are you ready for this??) 1.3 million!! thats a 6.7% share!!!! i am stunned.

railway walks from earlier in the evening got 680,000 viewers. (3.6%share)

Peter

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE it had an audience of (are you ready for this??) 1.3 million!! thats a 6.7% share!!!!

We started watching it last night on the iPlayer because it was promoted on the front page of the BBC website. We got about half way through before deciding to call it a night. Some of the archive footage I have seen before because it is from the British Transport Film unit but I had not seen the colour stuff of the Jubilees etc. It was certainly entertaining.

David

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 4 Oct 2008, 09:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i actualy prefered the victoria wood programme that followed but it was a good watch.

I have just seent he viewing figures on the hislop programme and they are stunning!
It was the channels second highest rating programme ever! (after "the curse of steptoe").
it had an audience of (are you ready for this??) 1.3 million!! thats a 6.7% share!!!! i am stunned.

railway walks from earlier in the evening got 680,000 viewers. (3.6%share)

Peter

Just goes to show that Railways can make good TV!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 4 Oct 2008, 09:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>railway walks from earlier in the evening got 680,000 viewers. (3.6%share)

Funnily enough Railway walks showed just how clearly the old line can still be seen - especially from the air!

Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts