Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 25 Jan 2007, 06:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>For price go with Kato. I have used their N Scale version and it's the best out there. For this type of track.

Forgot about the Kato - excellent for N as the range is excellent but for HO it's very, very limited in range & not that easy to get hold of in the UK.

For ease of "obtainability" in the UK it's probably ;

Fleischmann Profi
Trix C
Kato

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 25 Jan 2007, 04:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If your looking for something similar the Trix C track system might be the go.

Memory must be going or something - forgot about this one too !

Good robust track & as well made as the Marklin equivelent.

Pity Marklin/Trix don't produce a switchable 2/3 rail version - now that would be useful !

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 26 Jan 2007, 11:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I use Fleischmann track but the question was finding track that could be set up quickly on a bare table or at most a mat and would stay together. Fleischmann would never stay together in this situation, that's why I reccomended the Kato Track. From what I understand this is a one time purchase. You can get this stuff on eBay every day of the week.

Not from eBay UK though ! - just done a "trawl" & not one single HO Kato Unitrack item.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Matthew Peddlesden @ 26 Jan 2007, 17:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just had a quick look and MGSharp seem to have a good stock of KATO Unitrack, assuming that's the stuff.

Matt.

That's the stuff - double check to see that it's OO/HO - most of the Unitrack you see in the UK is "N".

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 26 Jan 2007, 19:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>HO electric turnout 2-860 £34.95 from MG Sharp, same HO electric turnout £22.08 from the Plaza Japan shop on Ebay.

What's the actual real of the turnout from Japan - don't forget shipping & the fact that you may just have to pay import duty + VAT + handling costs ?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 26 Jan 2007, 22:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Postage for the turnout from Plaza is $4.80. The HM customs website says import duty for "toys" is between 0 and 4.7% plus the 17.5% VAT. Which still makes it cheaper than MG Sharp. That is if customs actually charge you anything. I've bought from Plaza and didn't get charged by customs.
Last delivery took 5 days from Japan, quicker than a lot of UK sellers!

So, if you get "caught" (& as a retailer I would just love a level playing field) that makes it £29.33 & that's before the handling charge !
Not much of a saving in the end - you could also ask MGS if they could match the total price !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.