Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.

A friend of min, will travel the next month of september to London and it wants to visit some hobby shops of the city.

Somebody can recommend hobby shops to me? (as we say in Spain. Good, pretty an cheap
)

Best regards,
Oscar

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
There really isnt much left these days.
For crafty things there is london graphics
And for second hand stuff there is that little place downstairs in greys antiques.
If he is into plastic kits (not railways) then hammants is a small ray of sunshine beaming down into north london.

london graphics and hannants are both easily found via their websites.
Greys dont have a website but he used to have an advert in todeller (not sure if he still does as i have stopped buying the mag.

Peter

·
Registered
334 Posts
www.graysantiques.com and the dealer you want is in the basement and is called Wheels of Steel. Otherwise you have Modelzone in High Holborn but thats not a real model shop and is expensive.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I have visited Wheels of Steel a couple of years ago, but he wasn't open that day although it was his advertised times (Monday-Friday 10.30am-6pm). Best to ring Jeff Williams on 020 7629 2813 or 020 8505 0750 to check if he is open the day you want to visit (I presume the first number is the shop number.)
By the way, the entrance to the basement is in Davies Mews off Davies Street at the rear of the building. If you go in the main entrance you have a complex route to follow to get to the basement!
Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Wheels of Steel is quite Tiny and pricey (probably the result of a high rent).

The engine shed Leytonstone its quite good. 40 minutes from central London on the tube, but worth the effort.
there's also Jennings 224 Hertford Rd Enfield Middlesex I'm told it's a bit of a jumble frequently these can prove to be the most interesting of Emporiums.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Makemineadouble @ 13 Jul 2007, 16:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The engine shed Leytonstone its quite good. 40 minutes from central London on the tube, but worth the effort.
there's also Jennings 224 Hertford Rd Enfield Middlesex I'm told it's a bit of a jumble frequently these can prove to be the most interesting of Emporiums.

I think The Engine Shed may have changed hands since I last went in there some time ago - Jennings did have quite a lot of Liliput Liliput stuff at around the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts