Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Being a newcomer to this forum I've spent quite some time reading many interesting and varied posts. One subject which has seemed to crop up repeatedly revolves around problems experienced with axles either breaking or wheels coming loose on the earlier Bachmann steam outline locomotives. A year or so ago I also had problems of this nature with a secondhand Bachmann Manor I'd acquired and after several attempts to effect a repair I eventually gave up and fitted it with Romford drivers. Anyway, the question I'm really trying to get to is: Does anyone know if Romford (or anybody else for that matter) produce a re-wheeling kit for these locomotives?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had this problem with a Bachman B1 that was afflicted with wobbly wheels. When you pushed them together it was too tight on the back to backs. Eventually, I obtained some new axles from Bachman. The wheels are no longer wobbly, but the back to back is a bit tight for code 75 track. So its back in the box.

A new Bachman chassis is not likely to help me if its got the same axles, but it would certainly work if you use Code 100 track.

A Comet chassis, wheels and motor would be the answer, but this solution would cost more than a new loco and so I think that I shall wait for the B1 to be re-engineered with a better chassis.

Colombo

·
Registered
763 Posts
That could be a long wait as unlike hornby who improve their old models if there are no plans to retool them bachmann seem to be rather neglectful of their old ex mainline range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts