Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can find models of these hooper wagons?

cheers
Baykal

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I'm not sure but I think Piko do something similar.

Regards

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BritHo,

Checked, they don't.

Baykal

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I think Liliput (Austria) made a version in Aluminium finish with SBB inscriptions

Not sure if its in the Bachman/Liliput range.

All the best.

David

·
is asleep
758 Posts
From RailFanEurope:

QUOTE (Derya Ferendeci)TCDD Standard 54-ton capacity "fixed inclined floor" open top self-discharging 4-axle hopper wagon. These wagons are manufactured by TCDD affiliates TULOMSAS in Eskisehir and TUDEMSAS in Sivas.

If is made specially for Turkish railways it is perhaps unlikely that a model has been made by anyone, unlike all the ex-German locomotives that can be seen in Turkey!

Goedel

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all that Goedel,

Seems these hoopers are only confined to TCDD.
To be honest I did not know that it was produced by Tulomsas.( my ignorance.)

However, worth checking out the Liliput ones which look quite similar.

Thanks again

Baykal

·
Registered
27 Posts
If memory serves correctly, I think that the TCDD acquired many French designed wagons and these look like the Arbel bogie coal gondolas.

I think that Jouef and now Electrotren have offered the French wagons, maybe a look at the Hornby International range might be helpful? I have RMF, should I look through past issues for you?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Hi Robert,

I'd really appreciate that, in the meanwhile I'll check the Hornby international site.

To be honest the story behind these hoppers is that a couple of model railroaders has arranged a visit to a town called Zonguldak here in Turkey end of October. This is a major coal mine city north of Turkey. The extracted coal is carried by these hoppers to a rail ferry and shipped to the steel plant 2 hrs sail .

We have arranged this visit such that we shall be part of the whole system, courtesy of our Maerklin shipbroker. i.e we shall load the coal to the hoppers, be part of the shunting to the vessel, travel on board the vessel to the steel plant and unload. Am looking forward to this experiance.

I just fell in love with the hoppers when I saw their pictures.

Cheers
Baykal

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 9 Oct 2007, 15:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have arranged this visit such that we shall be part of the whole system, courtesy of our Maerklin shipbroker. i.e we shall load the coal to the hoppers, be part of the shunting to the vessel, travel on board the vessel to the steel plant and unload. Am looking forward to this experiance.
Hello Baykal, that sounds incredibly fun!! I always think steel plants are fascinating in a way that an oil refinery isn't because of the vapours and the fact that it is all in pipes. I'm envious, I shall have to ask voestalpine AG at Linz for something similar! Although a barge on the Danube is as close to a ship it will get...maybe I should ask ThyssenKrupp?!

Goedel

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 9 Oct 2007, 21:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Baykal, that sounds incredibly fun!!
Goedel

Same here, although I don't see anything like this happening in the UK - the health & safety fascists would make sure of that.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 10 Oct 2007, 07:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>although I don't see anything like this happening in the UK - the health & safety fascists would make sure of that.

Not to mention the lack of steel works, collieries and working train ferries.

Regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts