Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Dennis our Club chairman got his at Ally Pally and its a nice model. Runs nicely even at slow speed on DC.
Steve

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
QUOTE (Madkitten @ 31 Mar 2009, 11:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just got ours in the shop this morning ...... taken loads of piccys, does anyone want me to post them up ?

Nikki

Yes please. I would also like to hear how the model runs etc after all the recent problems.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
QUOTE (Madkitten @ 31 Mar 2009, 11:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just got ours in the shop this morning ...... taken loads of piccys, does anyone want me to post them up ?

Yes please Nikki I would like to see it as I have the older tender driven one and would be good to compare!

Perhaps you could upload a short video of it running!

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received Brighton on Saturday - it is one of the best running engines that I possess even slightly smoother than the King Arthurs and they are good.
I've got three of the old schools and certainly don't miss the grinding noise from the old ringfield motors!
Other main benefits are:-
1. Cylinders now more forward (correctly)
2. Valve gear better particularly above the slide bar
3. The valve gear on all three of my old schools used to lock up occasionally - Brighton won't have this problem.
4. Lining more subdued on Brighton
5. Better detail all round (whistle, sand pipes etc.)
6. Stunning cab!
My only criticism is the fiddly plug and socket connection to the tender in common with the T9's and Britannias - I only hope the wiring stands up to it all.
Now waiting for Blundell's

·
Registered
531 Posts
Picked up my Blundells at the weekend only to find one buffer knocked off and loose in packing! East Somerset Models exchanged immediately for another which runs well. Very impressed. Blundells ran on the S&D so ideal for our club layout based on Binegar.
I hope Hornby produce a Southern livery version of Ardingly next year!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts