Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 29 Dec 2007, 03:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We'll have it published here on the 1st January.

Well it's good to see Model Rail Forum behaving with integrity.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (ozwarrior @ 28 Dec 2007, 20:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well it's good to see Model Rail Forum behaving with integrity.

Got to agree with that - personally, I just don't understand the obsession with what's new & being the first to "spill the beans".

·
Registered
334 Posts
I like to have the news as early as possible as it helps planning the years saving & spending.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Looking very closely at the cover of the 2008 catalogue, I can see a weathered J52 with three link couplings. The wagons also appear to have three link couplings.

Colombo.

·
Totally Crazy.......
684 Posts
most of the shops already have the full hornby price lists / catalouges and order forms for 2008 - we have where we are - we got it just before christmas there are a lot of southern steam locomotives coming out and yes there are a few surprises although the biggest suprise was that they have added a lot of new models to the live steam collection including a double tendered A1 also looking at the prices they are re releasing a few old Lima moulds. ( like the class 20 ) !!!!!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
The addition of a mining facility is interesting in the light of Bachmanns plans!

Regards

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
There's a few items there I'll have to get. I notice no mention is made of who is supplying the sound for the DCC sound locos. If it's ESU I will be very happy and get that Duchess. If it's a home brew job then probably not.

I see they have the 156 DMU in the new ScotRail colours. I am guessing it's the Lima body. I got one of these Lima before and had to fit new pick ups sp I hope they have modified it. I see a SPT 101 too, very nice. Will have to get Firth of Clyde as well.

Big emphasis on the Southern again.

The remote for Hotnby Digital, I assume is to keep up with the opposition.

Skale dale cars. Nice development.

The addition of Spencer to the thomas range is good, I know a little boy who would like one of these.

A lot of stuff isn't really new, much of it is re-issues, e.g. the Eurostar. And the Caledonian Sleeper was from last year.

All in all better than I expected.

·
Ian Wigglesworth
750 Posts
Amazing!

All I can say is that the Model railway market must be in very healthy condition for all this investment into this many ranges of products!

I'm sure some will be knocking it already somewhere but C'est la vie!

Happy new year one and all!

Ian

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
I see the Airfix people and farm animals are back. Are they going to be painted or do we have that unenviable job to do? I could never get the paint (enamel) to stick for long.

I can't see much else to force open my wallet. Maybe the new Britannia "Firth" and the early crest Stanier 2-6-4T. I'm afraid the Southern region just doesn't do it for me. No black liveried 08; I guess I am just going to have to learn how to use an air brush.

David

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is that a Duchess with a fixed wheelset beneath the cab that I spy?

Lot's of models there that I would like to have - now can I afford them all?!

Happy New Year all!

Best wishes,

Dan

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'd have to say the best range yet!
And despite the leaks there is much more of interest.

·
nickb
55 Posts
What a fantastic 2008 we have in store for us with the exciting new range of models. Nearly everything I have hoped for is released - incredible!! The new models look fantastic - and the infra-red DCC walkabout is a must! Great to see sound equiped steam. Where does one start? Oh, and it looks like all new Cl 86 and 87 to boot. And of course, at least two HSTs will be on the shopping list as soon as they are available.
I do wish the catenery had been re-introduced, with the poles in a realistic colour. And how about the departmenal wagons, and the Class 60 at last in original sector colours, and, and and. Congratulations Hornby!

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 1 Jan 2008, 00:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see the Airfix people and farm animals are back. Are they going to be painted or do we have that unenviable job to do?

If not there's always Noch & Priesor to fall back on !

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
B)-->QUOTE(Nick B @ 1 Jan 2008, 03:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I do wish the catenery had been re-introduced, with the poles in a realistic colour.[/quote]

There's always Veissmann - they do 3 types of mast, including an "H" section one.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts