Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi it's me again
I've just picked up two of the new class 59's well new to Hornby anyway on opening the
box's the loco's look very nice the yellow and grey of the ARC loco is very good with the lower side detail
being picked out very well the Yeoman loco blue silver and black is also good but would need weathering
to show the lower detail up I've started to run them in on DC and they run very well I've had the body's
off but after the problems I had with the Hornby 73 which has the seem motor as the 59 I've not chipped
my two 59's YET!!!!!! sadly the loco's are not fitted with lights and that lima coupler need's changeing but overall a nice loco and as I've said before it's a good job Hornby are there
The blue of the Yeoman loco seem's a little light but I've been told that Yeoman changed liverys "ie" a light
blue from dark blue can anyone clear this up for me

BILLY

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice livery application but has anyone else had traction problems with the new Hornby/old Lima models? They all seem gutless which I assume is down to the lack of tyres fitted - what use is a heavy freight loco that cannot even pull itself up a hill? I feel we are being short-changed somewhat on the price too - Hornby 59 for 54 quid, or Bachmann 66 for 63 quid? No contest!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts