Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just picked a Hornby class 67 I'm not sure what I was hopeing for but I'm a happy man
you can see at once it started as a Lima model but it run's very well after working out how to
pull the body off I've fitted a DCC chip there is a lot of room inside so the lighting may be worked
on later but for the price £62 a very nice loco
WY

·
Registered
342 Posts
I believe that some of the front end detail was missed but the model is basically sound but as i don't model anything that recent i won't be getting one besides they are UGLY locos

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Ah yes, but in my opinion the 67 is not ugly it's just bland, ugly was a class 28 or a Q1!

regards

John

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
AHH yes, but the Q1 is so ugly it's beautiful and it came from the Bullied stable so it can't be knocked.
Arethusa

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think we should be grateful the ex-Lima models have been saved. The 00 world would be a poorer place without them. Well done Hornby!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I agree !

regards
Brian

That's the point I was making, the Q1 was so ugly it was beautiful, and I should know. I actuually helped to restore the NRM example to working order a good few years ago when it was on the Bluebell. It is/was a great loco. Additionally Bulleid was a great if misguided engineer. (and I personally admire him)

Regards

John

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looking at the history of bidding on Ebay for Lima 67s they seem to top out at around £40, but have gone for less than £30.

Garry

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was thinking to buy Hornby class 67 or fit express model light kit to my lima 67 whats the spec on the Hornby one as regards to working lights.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My Hornby 67 only has white front lights, no rear reds.

Its a balance, if you fit a lighting kit to your Lima 67 then you get better lights.
However, buy the Hornby one and get a better paint finish, 5 pole DCC socketed motor that hardly makes a noise and is very smooth, combined with better wheels.

Or buy a Hornby one and a lighting kit and get the ultimate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Garry thanks for info on new 67,I unboxed my Lima 67 and tried to run it in what a dog it wobbles going round the track and sounds like my Lexmark printer on overdrive maybe I will take you advice and purchase a Hornby and install lighting kit.

Regards David F

·
Registered
697 Posts
QUOTE (dwilson9 @ 31 Oct 2006, 14:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think we should be grateful the ex-Lima models have been saved. The 00 world would be a poorer place without them. Well done Hornby!

I don't agree at all!
Just my opinion.

I strongly suspect there won't be a decent all-new class 67 from Hornby at all now (well at least for the next five or more years).

Hornby have been releasing one or two all-new diesel models a year to the new high standard (cl's 50, 31, 08/09, 60 ).
The major types they will probably tackle next include the 37, 47, 56, 58 and HST power cars.
The ex-Lima types announced so far are, 67, 59, 73 and 121 (DMU's are generally different as they are more like a train pack- different price point etc;).
That lot combined would only have taken 5 years to release and we would have much better models as a result.

I'd love Bachmann to wade in with a class 59 and 67 of their own. That would set the cat amongst the pidgeons!

I'd also like Hornby to do the class 40 to the current high standard too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts