Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to the railway modelers

Hornby production I will send you information on the model of the 8F Stanier model for the TCDD 45161 steam machine

I will start sharing in the near future

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

A picture from the 1970s when TCDD 45168 was used in Turkey

Izmir Camlik Steam Locomotive Museum TCDD 45161

This steam machine is an example of a steam engine model to be converted from the Hornby 8F Stanier model

The usage of TCDD Class 45151-45170 steam machine in Turkey and general introduction information are available on the link below.

http://www.trainsofturkey.com/w/pmwiki.php/Steam/45151

This model was made with limited production of 200 units and was built by Hornby company by Harun Yamanlar with PROSES Model Railway Accessories.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had some detections on the TCDD 45161 model of the Hornby production.

In 8F steam engines used in Turkey, the movement is located to the right of the steamer machine.

It is also on the left of 8F steam engines used in Biritanya.

The 8F Stanier TCDD 45160, brought back to Britain from Turkey, and the 8F Stanier 48151

TCDD 45160 in Brittany. The movement of this steam engine is on the right hand side.

Movement arm in TCDD 45161 control cabin on the right

Çamlik Museum Steam engine to the right of the body motion picture of the arm

The left arm of the model body was removed

·
Registered
9 Posts

Place of plaque behind Tenderin is defective.

Place of plaque behind tender at real 8F

A new plaque was prepared. The new site was experimented.

Incorrect plaque print was burned with alcohol.

It's a placard error fix. The new plaque was glued to the right place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

TCDD (Republic of Turkey State Railways) 8F Stanier steam engines have lamps and cow catchers at the front.

There are lamps behind Tender. This is true for all TCDD's 8F as it is on the same front.

TCDD 8F On the left side of the steam engines there is an air pump under the stove.

On the left side of the steam engine there are 2 air tanks on the walking path.

These air tanks were black when the steam engine was used.

On the model these air tanks will be painted black.

Additional parts to be fitted on the Hornby 8F steam engine model for the TCDD model

·
In depth idiot
7,678 Posts
Really interesting,and neat work bringing the model up to full Turkish Railway service appearance with the additional equipment.

I have the biography of Ron Jarvis, the member of the LMS engineering team sent to Turkey as adviser to assist on the erection of both these 8Fs and wagons sent as kits to Turkey. Acompanying him was one of Crewe's top erecting shop foremen, Fred Soden. They had quite an adventure getting to Sivas loco works, with Fred having to expedite the movement of the crated parts onward from the Egyptian port of Alexandria, while Ron went ahead to Turkey. Ron and Fred then travelled together to Sivas, where they were hosted by Nuri Bey, then the Carriage and Wagon manager at the Sivas works, and assisted by one of his lead foremen, Stadettin Bey, a man who had previously spent some years at Crewe, and had excellent English.

Ron and Fred clearly enjoyed their time in Turkey, and while Fred was working away on the main job, Ron found time to get involved in the organisation of a trade show in Turkey (the notorious tendency of British embassy staff to seize any skilled resource and employ it to their ends...). Ron also found an unsuspected 'Dean Goods' - from the group that went abroad in WWI - at a remote location, which amused him. Ron subsequently wrote a piece for BBC radio broadcast describing their activities, the text of which is preserved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi 34C and SRman,

Thank you for your opinions on the transformation of the 8F model steam engine to the Turkish railway model. In addition to 34C ,
thanks to give your information about LMS production of 8F steam engines in Turkey.

·
In depth idiot
7,678 Posts
Hi Teoman,

All the assembly of the engines and wagons were completed solely by the Sivas workforce. The reason for Ron and Fred going to Sivas was to advise on anything that looked unfamiliar: and also to inspect the major parts as they were uncrated for rust or other damage that had occurred during shipment, and to provide guidance on any necessary work to restore those parts to 'as new' condition before assembly commenced. Ron left Sivas well before the assembly process was complete, with only a few of the 8Fs running; because he was confident that the work was being done extremely well, Fred I think left Sivas when there were just two of the 8F's to be finished.

Both men were wanted back at their regular workplace in the UK, and in Ron's case he would soon enough be put on a further significant overseas assignment for the government, the Indian Machine Tools Commission.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello to the railway modelers

I examine the colors of the wheels and the movement arms on the TCDD 45161 inspection.

On the Hornby 8F Stanier I thought it would change the colors of the wheels and the movement arms
according to the true TCDD 8F colors.

There are brass metal strips at the joints of the steam boiler. I will put vinyl strips of brass metal on
the boiler.

I start with the guide wheels for the painting work. Model Master I apply red and white matte colors
on the wheel.

I wear gold vinyl color with a brass metal look on the steam boiler.

Cow catcher, air pump, air tanks and lamps on the model.

I painted the guide wheels with the tender wheels.

I paint white areas on the driver's wheels.

I paint red colors on the wheels as TCDD is the real steam engine for 8F.

I painted the edge colors of the bumpers with white paint on the bumpers.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I'm weathering on Tender. I use dry pastel in this work.

I am weathering the driver's cab, boiler and wheels.

We can see the differences in the wheels on the model.

Views of the Hornby 8F Stanier TCDD 45161 steam engine from a few directions

Best regards

Teoman Kardaşlar

1 - 14 of 14 Posts