Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Just part of the collection of 1000 pallets of Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef and Arnold tools in storage at the warehouse in Brescia after the three months of sorting by Hornby. It reminds me of the end of the Indiana Jones film. In excess of 10,000 tools then had to be shipped back to Britain. This could go some way to explaining the time it has taken to bring the Hornby International models to the market. Before this Hornby had 1500 tools so this represents just a slight increase in their subject matter! :-

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
763 Posts
It would be nice to think some of the UK stuff might be used again some day especially for spare part manufacture. Whatever the pitfalls and complaints about the motoring and detail on certain models you couldn't accuse lima of lack of variety. Especially if you consider hornby still do a virgin class 47 and hst set long after both have gone from the mainline.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
It is amazing - each one of those blocks represents a body or a chassis or a loco, coach or waggon.

They must weigh quite a bit. Just imagine the cost involved having to ship that lot off to China.

My SAR/SAS collection is in there somewhere...

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
great picture thankyou for posting it.

i wonder one day if they might set up a subsiduary just to produce spare parts from the old moulds. they must have some spare machines from lima and electrotren.
-just a thought

just out of interest where did the pic come from? it would make a fascinating read if they produced a book incorporating the full insider story of the takeover!

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts