Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Harkins77.

It might be a bit fiddly to do but if you feel comfortable with it, you could hook up some electrical contacts on the rear couplings, to form a switch for the red lights, so when the couplings are attached it breaks the circuit to the rear LED's?

Only problem with that might be you'd have to put metal contacts onto every bit of rolling stock that you were likely to pull for it to work!

Its just an idea anyway, probably wouldn't be too complicated at all, certainly no harder than fitting a decoder.

Alex

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 5 Nov 2007, 13:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The suggestion for a coupler dependent switch is clever in a way BUT it will be much, much, much harder to do than suggested, especially in N!

Sorry Richard, I missed the part where Harkins77 said he was modelling in N Gauge.
In that case I might agree that the solution I suggested could be possibly too fiddly to be viable in this gauge - still possible, but not a task I would relish!

All the best,

Alex

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.