Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! How do they ALWAYS manage it? "Westwood Ho!" And there's even an illustration of the loco bearing "Westward Ho!" nameplates....

However, some lovely versions to look forward to. The shelf life of the first WCs and King Arthurs was very short so order early to bag your favourites!

·
Registered
99 Posts
"Westwood" - how do they manage it? Something to do with their address, perhaps?

Hornby Hobbies, Westwood Industrial Estate, Margate, Kent, CT9 4JX.

Silly mistake, though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
"The Red Knight" has a LAmaitre blastpipe as well.

Still, it does look nice however it's spelt.

Shame Hornby never bothered to do a Schools fitted with one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
THey do look good and I'm temped to get one just to run and RCTS speical to York.

But Could horny please bing out some stuff for ER modellers..

·
Registered
74 Posts
QUOTE (davidw @ 24 Jun 2007, 23:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>THey do look good and I'm temped to get one just to run and RCTS speical to York.

But Could horny please bing out some stuff for ER modellers..

just read this oops. It should read

They do look good and I'm tempted to get one just to run and RCTS special to York.

But could hornby please bring out some stuff for ER modellers..

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some detailed photos of the new Rebuilt West Country / Battle of Britain Class:

R2608 BR 4-6-2 "Yes Tor" Rebuilt West Country Class

R2609 BR 4-6-2 "Westward Ho" Rebuilt West Country Class

R2606 BR 4-6-2 "Sir Trafford Leigh-Mallory" Rebuilt Battle of Britain Class

R2607 BR 4-6-2 "213 Squadron" Rebuilt Battle of Britain Class

·
Registered
334 Posts
Are we to assume that these are in addition to the scheduled 3rd/4th Qtr releases from Hornby ?

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
There I agree why can't they use a plug like American loco's and put the decoder plug in the tender. Great quality but could have done much better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the subject of the gap between locomotive and tender look closely at the pictures of the King Arthur locomotives. Whilst the locomotive to tender coupling on Pendragon seems to be of the same type as that on the locomotives already released, the other three pictures show a different style of coupling with no visible electrical connection but with two coupling holes as per some bachmann items eg standard 5. Does anybody know if this is a likely modification or merely a mock up for pre-release publicity?

Regards,

John Clements

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dear All,

I looked through the Reviews section of this site and I can't find a review for the Hornby Rebuilt Bulleid Pacific (WC/BB).

Am I just looking in the wrong place or is it really missing? I know we had a lot of of new locos released in late 2006 and early 2007, especially for SR fans (M7, N15 and then Rebuilt Bulleid), so perhaps this one was overlooked?

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 2 Jul 2007, 08:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i am asuming they are going to be shipping propper pony wheels with the west country?

Peter

Hmmm, I very much doubt it. SK told me if it looks good, it is good! Left me ghasting my flabber! So ghasted, I failed to take up pen to respond to his letter, and meant that I would browse around and see what the rest of the modellers on the Web thought. Mind you can live in Hope (and die in Edale, as they say around here)

It really would be great if they put proper pony wheels on these locos, which as at present are reduced to display models IMHO, using an incorrect wheel/bogie arrangement. How they couldn't see that... RANT, RANT to follow another contributor. Comments also apply to Brits. I don't see it happening, when Hornby display such conviction...........................however, they have altered their position on the Red Knight, but here there is not such a change in the chassis involved.

Cheers all

Hugh

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just a passing thought, can anybody let me know what the the pulling power of the new SR 4-6-0's is like, i.e. better than the Black 5's?

Cheers,

Hugh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.