Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (ozwarrior @ 10 Jan 2008, 21:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Manufacturers can't afford to be in the business of being personal.
They are in business to maximise profits and one way to do this is gain market share. With effectively two ranges now I would suggest Hornby will gain market share. No prizes in this case at whose expense.

Ozwarrior sums it up, sometimes we forget that manufacturers such as Hornby and Bachmann are businesses that need to generate profits in order to survive. Just look at what happened with Lima.

Anyway, you can still get some good quality Heljan, Bachmann and ViTrains items at Railroad prices if you shop around. I should know, i'm Scottish and hence my wallet doesn't open that often!

·
Registered
11 Posts
One of the things that held me back when i was a kid was the high price of buying a new model, i often had to buy second hand at shows in order to afford anything. If a cheaper range brings new modellers into the hobby then that can only be a good thing, for us and for the manufacturers.

So long as there is a balance between quality models and basic models i don't mind.

Reissuing old models like the class 156 or 73 at quality model prices however is annoying

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.