Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who missed out on the previous release of the Hornby Bournemouth Belle Train Pack may like to know that Hornby have produced a limted edition train pack of 1500 with this same title for Littlewoods. The loco is a Southern livery Battle of Britain and the set is being offered for £130 which is a bargain when compared with the £199 or more being asked at toy fairs for mint train packs of the earlier Hornby release of a few years ago.

Littlewoods are also doing limited edition Royal Highlander Train packs and Norfolk Man Train packs for similar money. All the images in the Littlewoods catalogue show a limited edition certificate for "The Excalibur Express"!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a Bournemouth Belle Train Pack on eBay right now for £395!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hornby-R2300-Bournem...1QQcmdZViewItem

The Littlewoods set appears to have the the new coaches as there seems to be the roof detail missing on the old although it is a little hard to tell.

Having missed out on the earlier set due to a dealer missunderstanding I will probably pick up this Littlewoods set myself as it will almost certainly be very collectable!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 21 Jul 2007, 12:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is a Bournemouth Belle Train Pack on eBay right now for £395!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hornby-R2300-Bournem...1QQcmdZViewItem

The Littlewoods set appears to have the the new coaches as there seems to be the roof detail missing on the old although it is a little hard to tell.

Having missed out on the earlier set due to a dealer missunderstanding I will probably pick up this Littlewoods set myself as it will almost certainly be very collectable!

Happy modelling
GaryNever collect for making money collect for enjoyment

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Phill.Prior @ 21 Jul 2007, 22:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Never collect for making money collect for enjoyment

Here here.

I could be called a collector, but I don't buy for the purpose of investment only for the purposes of enjoyment.

Regards

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 21 Jul 2007, 10:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Those who missed out on the previous release of the Hornby Bournemouth Belle Train Pack may like to know that Hornby have produced a limted edition train pack of 1500 with this same title for Littlewoods. The loco is a Southern livery Battle of Britain and the set is being offered for £130 which is a bargain when compared with the £199 or more being asked at toy fairs for mint train packs of the earlier Hornby release of a few years ago.

Littlewoods are also doing limited edition Royal Highlander Train packs and Norfolk Man Train packs for similar money. All the images in the Littlewoods catalogue show a limited edition certificate for "The Excalibur Express"!

Happy modelling
Gary

Just a heads up to say that as of now Kays and Great Universal are selling these packs [BB + Norfolkman (Britannia) and Royal Highlander (LMS Streamlined Coro) at £75.... You can even pay interest free over 20 weeks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE (Englishspinner @ 31 Jan 2008, 14:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a heads up to say that as of now Kays and Great Universal are selling these packs [BB + Norfolkman (Britannia) and Royal Highlander (LMS Streamlined Coro) at £75.... You can even pay interest free over 20 weeks. :thumbsup:

I like the look of the "Highlander", does anyone know if what is illustrated is actually what`s in the box? It looks like the latest streamliner AND the latest Stanier coaches. I have seen postings elsewhere suggesting sometimes the contents in some of the mail order catalogue packs might be slightly different from the illustations?

Good price though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (Romseyles @ 1 Feb 2008, 21:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I like the look of the "Highlander", does anyone know if what is illustrated is actually what`s in the box? It looks like the latest streamliner AND the latest Stanier coaches. I have seen postings elsewhere suggesting sometimes the contents in some of the mail order catalogue packs might be slightly different from the illustrations?

Good price though!

That's the one I've resisted buying, just!. . The post you are referring to, may be that the Norfolkman Britannia was advertised as 70002 Geoffrey Chaucer - mine is 70008 Black Prince (latest loco-driven model) - in other words the picture is accurate, the description not. In the Bournemouth Belle, the Pullman are the latest improved model with lamps which illuminate.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought The royal Highlander Pack from Argos just before Christmas. The loco is Duchess of Devonshire and is DCC Ready.

The coaches are the latest Super Detail Stanier ones, and very nice they are too. I paid the Full £129, but considered this to be good value, a pity they are now £75, which to be honest is a cracking price.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have purchased all three, and they arrived to-day.

All three are DCC ready, and each one is from a limited edition of 1500 with certificates. They are all dated the middle of 2007.

The Highlander is the latest with the Stannier coaches.

The Britannia is the latest High detail one. (Black Prince)

All three ran perfect first time, and the Britannia and the Highlander have been chipped with Lenz silvers. ( I managed to grab a couple before they vanished from the shops).

For £75, they are the tops.

Alan.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Some more good news on these sets, I ordered 2 sets a couple of days ago for 65 GBP each and if you use the code ZQ477 at the checkout you will get a further 10GBP off each set.

+ another 17% VAT discount for me as I live down under.

Pullmans are the super detail with lights.

Enjoy your spending!

m

·
Registered
229 Posts
QUOTE (Martin71 @ 6 Feb 2008, 08:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some more good news on these sets, I ordered 2 sets a couple of days ago for 65 GBP each and if you use the code ZQ477 at the checkout you will get a further 10GBP off each set.
Actually, if you ordered two at the same time then you only get £10 off the combined price. Still, at that price it doesn't really matter!

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks to all for posting this. I ordered a Bournemouth Belle set yesterday afternoon from Littlewoods for £65 (using the code above), and it arrived this morning....

Mike D

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (darobi @ 7 Feb 2008, 13:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I take it these are Train packs and not sets? No track or controller included?

You might be interested in the Virgin Pendolino which Littlewoods Direct are unloading at £85.

After much umming and ahing I bought the Royal Highlander - this is a seriously impressive piece of kit for £65. Now to work out a plausible explanation of how this would appear at Sheffield Victoria circa 1959!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
My Mrs has just ordered all three for me. We have got a buy now pay 2009 voucher
Coming Monday. Now should I keep them all or split them up. Southern region isn't my area but the Pullmans will go with the 6 I have.

At £65 a set I can't see the stock lasting much longer. I did notice that you have to search against the name of the set as they don't appear under Hornby!

Well pleased with the prices.

Sometimes you just have to take the plunge.

·
Registered
174 Posts
QUOTE (Englishspinner @ 7 Feb 2008, 15:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You might be interested in the Virgin Pendolino which Littlewoods Direct are unloading at £85.

After much umming and ahing I bought the Royal Highlander - this is a seriously impressive piece of kit for £65. Now to work out a plausible explanation of how this would appear at Sheffield Victoria circa 1959!!

At least I can claim a bit of LMS history at Nottingham!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
QUOTE (Martin71 @ 6 Feb 2008, 03:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some more good news on these sets, I ordered 2 sets a couple of days ago for 65 GBP each and if you use the code ZQ477 at the checkout you will get a further 10GBP off each set.

+ another 17% VAT discount for me as I live down under.

Pullmans are the super detail with lights.

Enjoy your spending!

m

Hey Martin
How did you manage to place an order? They say they'll only mail to the UK. I'm in the USA, and you say you're in Australia
Which site did you order from. I tried Great Universal

Norm

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I too have just ordered the highlander, despite the fact I already have the loco, for £58 with three coaches I couldn't say no....

Rob

1 - 20 of 32 Posts