Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

This is such an attractive model, I couldn't pass up a good deal when it crossed my path recently. Here are a few photos and DCC install information. It is the same as the 'Bibby Line' set-up that we have covered before. A little tricky, but managable.

The locomotive was in the Hornby catalog from 2000 to 2003 and this one has been sitting in a box on a shelf for a few years somewhere, but now it is running happily on my track.

I've had 5 locos with rakes made up of 4 and 6 coaches running simultaneously on the same line this week-end controlled with 3 DCC controllers. We've had quite a bit of fun co-ordinating them all. With teak coaches, 'blood & custard' and Pullmans, the British North East locos have been on holiday in the South...

Click here for the review.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE I've had 5 locos with rakes made up of 4 and 6 coaches running simultaneously on the same line this week-end controlled with 3 DCC controllers. We've had quite a bit of fun co-ordinating them all. With teak coaches, 'blood & custard' and Pullmans, the British North East locos have been on holiday in the South...

Tell us more about the set up....

Happy modelling
Gary

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am blessed with a nice room all to myself over a double garage. I have been using the space for a fixed 4-lane Scalextric tack, but now I am managing the space better with sections that can be raised and lowered with pulleys onto trestles.

I have a 4.28 metre x 2.09 metre base board for a large family track. It's too large for serious detailing (as ideas change all the time). The kids and I run our locos on it.

I have a large 5 metre workbench on one side of the room that has a test track and space on one side for a removable module of about 150 cm long by 60 cm wide.

I could theoretically link it all together with a removable bridge from the track and the bench, but I haven't doe that yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts