Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although many things have been said about Hornby's new catalogue with regard to locos and rolling stock, I think that smaller items have been missed.E.g Hornby NEM couplings and close couplings, 12mm coach wheels, a whole range of new Scaledale bits and bobs such as roadsigns, traffic lights etc. Even the Thomas range has what looks like a few useful items. range of circus/ fairground items, an interesting footbridge a windmill and a dirty signal box.
This is very big catalogue of items and the price of £7.50 reflects the plethora of items in it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
you can't read a downloadable catalogue in bed though (can you?)Still cheaper than the "limited edition" one 2 years ago.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I shouldn't pursue this here but, just for fun, yes you can.

On a Lap Top
On your bedroom TV
Printed from your downloaded file

Frequently updatable
Doesn't detriorate with thumbing
Saves on shipping heavy paper

I'll stop now.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Whilst highlighting the Hornby catalogue we should remember there are others although the Hornby Catalogue does always have one of the top if not THE top presentations.

In terms of hectacres of trees used in the interests of promoting the hobby let us remember that one monthly edition of a computer magazine uses up far more trees than the annual Hornby catalogue.

And how many computer magazines are there on the racks each month in the UK alone all giving us the same information and adverts several times over!

And computing was meant to reduce paper use and make our world environmentally friendly!!!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
763 Posts
Well I will certainly be buying the old technology format partly because as Gary says the information provided within about specific loco types while not always being accurate is interesting to read.
I even suggested that to enhance it further could they tell us where applicable which shedcode a particular loco will be fitted with. I bought 60077 on the basis of it having a local shedcode (Ardsley near Wakefield). Whilst it probably won't stop me from buying a particular loco it may tempt me into buying something i hadn't previously considered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts