Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
In depth idiot
8,599 Posts
QUOTE (f2paul @ 28 Apr 2008, 08:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But as mentioned most stick to the old formula of couplings on the bogie.
'Old faithful', which has the benefit of actually working with the tension lock coupler. For those who don't mind butchery it is relatively simple to hack off the Hornby CCM, and glue a metal strip to the bogie base to take an NEM pocket. That's what I did when Hornby's CCM mechanism proved unable to reliably recentre under load on a Brush type 2, with either of miniature tension locks or Kadees installed.

It would recentre using the R8220 coupler, but that's not the coupler I want on locos. I notice that Hornby are now including this coupler with their CCM equipped Pullmans, but that it does not fully exploit the mechanism's capability; the corridor connector faceplates remaining several millimeters apart on straight track. Ironically the R8220 coupler works beautifully with Bach mk1's which have their NEM sockets mounted too far back from the buffing face...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.