Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Chris,

Hattons lists R2518 as being the Fragonset model, as does Rails of Sheffield. I think some retailers must have mixed up their liveries!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see. I just wish shops would not advertise stock until they recive it. There are a few shops showing the 73 as GBRf. One in southampton(not SMC).

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Dizzydudes @ 10 Dec 2006, 15:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see. I just wish shops would not advertise stock until they recive it. There are a few shops showing the 73 as GBRf. One in southampton(not SMC).

Although it can be frustrating from the customers POV don't forget that retailers have to place copy for their adverts well in advance of magazine publication date & that they could be acting on good faith from suppliers projected delivery dates.

Can you imagine being the retailer - goods arrive today (well Monday) places adverts with magazines now - January's will be out in a week or so, missed that one - earliest publication that his goods will be advertised in will be Febs !
No, I don't think so, not in this day & age of "must have it the day before yesterday" - can you really blame them ?

·
Registered
334 Posts
To be fair Hattons say they only advertise in magazines if they have the item in stock and so they face that risk. They back it up with one of the best websites that is updated with stock every day it arrives.It seems to work for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts