Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has a gutless non-serviceable motor too. They are fine until the brushes wear out, when that happens the motor will most likely be out of production and impossible to get like most older Hornby spares.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was suprised the motor is already proving hard to get hold of, just had to order one for a guy who had run his new M7 until the motor brushes had worn out. All my usual suppliers etc, have a waiting list for the motor. One is on order from Hornby but it could be a while.

·
Registered
44 Posts
QUOTE (Dan Hamblin @ 5 Jul 2007, 11:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To be brutally honest, I expect that model railways will have succumbed to the computer age by the time such a scenario would arise!

Regards,

Dan

They already have, we have DCC. Hornby describes in their letter to me about DCC "as a series of computers running along a track by friction". I have just got a strange picture in my mind of a load of mainfames like the one you seen on the DVLA advert chasing the car tax dodger running along rails....lol Would that be a maintrain, or frametrain one wonders....lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.