Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 28 Nov 2006, 09:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It was mentioned that a Zimo or TCS would fit, but I want to keep all my decoders to roughly the same spec so that when something like Railcom shows it's head in a little while, I'll be ready for it.

This statement implies that Zimo do not supprt Railcom, which is a bit unfair on Zimo as they are part of the group of manufacturers that developed and support Railcom in the first place.

Here is a quote from a Zimo website "Under the slogan "It's time for the future" the well known DCC companies LENZ, KUHN, TAMS and ZIMO joined forces to market and further develop the "bidirectional communication" based o­n the NMRA draft-RP's 9.3.1, 9.3.2. "RailCom" (a trade mark of Lenz Elektronik) is an efficient method of data transfer from the decoder to the command station and is the suitable completion of the DCC standard."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.