Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very small problem with one of my Locos, the smoke box door handle is missing.I have contacted Hornby's online customer care via their web site twice now over the past 2 weeks and all I have received in response is an automatic acknowledgment that they will contact me shortly(which they haven't). I shall have to phone them or write to them but that is not as convienent as by e-mail.I was just wondering has anyone else had this problem of non response?

·
Registered
421 Posts
QUOTE (Chirkwood @ 16 Jan 2008, 17:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a very small problem with one of my Locos, the smoke box door handle is missing.I have contacted Hornby's online customer care via their web site twice now over the past 2 weeks and all I have received in response is an automatic acknowledgment that they will contact me shortly(which they haven't). I shall have to phone them or write to them but that is not as convienent as by e-mail.I was just wondering has anyone else had this problem of non response?

Same here, I've given up trying to contact Hornby Customer Service re missing 'bits' on the 'phone as I simply can't get through and end up listening to rubbish music instead. I have also e-mailed them twice over the last two weeks and only ever received the automated reply. I am a trade customer and i have no difficulty getting through to their sales department, now I wonder why that could be?!!

David Y

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
It's possible all the staff are getting ready for the forthcoming toy fairs end Jan / early Feb?

David

·
Registered
118 Posts
Although I have not had reason to contact them recently, I have always found them extremely obliging. There is one guy in the parts dept who has given extraordinary service. Eg I bought a Eurostar on ebay for a friends son. One of the links was missing. I contacted Hornby, told them that I had bought the item on ebay. I received two links foc next day in the post.

I also bought a County with the wrong chimney on ebay. It was fitted with a castle chimney. I had two County ones in the post the next day foc. They can't be all bad.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Looking through the replies posted on this I suspect that there are elements of both toyfairs (London and Nurnburg) as well as catching up with Christmas breaks and high demand. I personally have never had any problems.

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 17 Jan 2008, 13:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I personally have never had any problems.
Regards

Living on Hornby's doorstep (or do they live on ours ?) we can just go & bang on the door for service !

To be fair Hornby's customer service is generally excellent, so maybe it's down to a very long break & after Christmas workload.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 17 Jan 2008, 13:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Living on Hornby's doorstep (or do they live on ours ?) we can just go & bang on the door for service !

From your house you could stand on the kitchen roof and use semaphore, i just have to walk round the corner and tap on SK's door

Regards

·
Registered
264 Posts
I also have emailed Hornby recently, with only the automated reply in return.

Email is only effective if companies are prepared to staff it correctly.

I have recently had the need to email HSBC bank in New Zealand five times. Each time, I have sent an email at 7pm in the evening and received a reply before 7am the next morning. As they are 11 hrs ahead of us, it means they have actioned the email the same day.

We do not seem to be able to get the same sort of service from companies in the U.K. (Even HSBC U.K.)

Alan

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (alanb @ 18 Jan 2008, 06:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I also have emailed Hornby recently, with only the automated reply in return.

Email is only effective if companies are prepared to staff it correctly.

I have recently had the need to email HSBC bank in New Zealand five times. Each time, I have sent an email at 7pm in the evening and received a reply before 7am the next morning. As they are 11 hrs ahead of us, it means they have actioned the email the same day.

We do not seem to be able to get the same sort of service from companies in the U.K. (Even HSBC U.K.)

Alan
I promise you, you wouldn't get that from a bank in Aus.

·
Chief cook &amp; bottle washer
2,919 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 18 Jan 2008, 07:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I promise you, you wouldn't get that from a bank in Aus.
Dead right mate, in fact, I don't think you should dare contact a Bank in Oz, for fear of being charged for it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts