Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Hornby Select Units for my railway, there is a few problems and I don't know how to solve them.

1) When you put both down on the track the start beeping and flashing, after that nothing works.
2) One of the Spin Dials feels like it has sand in it so it is hard to spin.
3) Some times the Unit I use mainly cuts out or swaps to another train on its own.

If any one could help it would be useful

thanks,
Lord Castellan Creed,

·
Registered
144 Posts
QUOTE (Lord Castellan Creed @ 24 Nov 2008, 17:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have two Hornby Select Units for my railway, there is a few problems and I don't know how to solve them.

1) When you put both down on the track the start beeping and flashing, after that nothing works.
2) One of the Spin Dials feels like it has sand in it so it is hard to spin.
3) Some times the Unit I use mainly cuts out or swaps to another train on its own.

If any one could help it would be useful

thanks,
Lord Castellan Creed,
Hi
In reply to your questions..
1) You must not connect both Select controllers to the same rails. No DCC system allows this (assuming this is what you're doing?). Only use one Select to control the layout or alternatively purchase an Elite console and use your Selects' as slaves of the Elite via RJ12 interconnecting cables. Unless your operating totally electrically separate tracks and then only then can you connect two consoles - one to each track, but there must not be any interconnection track wise between the two systems.
2) This has been a common problem with numerous Select handhelds. If under warranty return the defective one to Hornby for repair or replacement.
3) I would defiantly send this back together with its power supply to the Hornby Service Dept in Margate Kent. Assuming you're not having both Selects connected to the same rails as in 1 above.

Good luck

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think my third point is to do with a dodgey cable, how long does the warenty last for as I have had it for 1 and a half years,

Thanks,
Lord Castellan Creed,

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
The cable will be out of any warrenty as usuallly it is 6 - 12 months

1 - 4 of 4 Posts