Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hi

Not sure where to post this and I am sure Doug will sort it out if it is in the wrong spot.

Here is a link to A train pack I have for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=200283237905

Hornby Silver Jubilee with the following: Loksound 3.5, smoke, express lights, tender lights, firebox flicker and dcc concepts flicker free kit added to the coaches with 60+ hand painted passengers fireman and driver.

Sound by DCC Concepts.

It has some very interesting prototypical sounds including wheel spin etc.

If your interested have a look and I am giving a 5% discount to members who have 30 posts or are members for at least a month on the train pack only, not the postage.

m

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Impressive listing, did you add the people and the lighting to the coaches yourself? I would be interested if it wasn't that LNER muck, although still streets ahead of the armageddon that followed 1948!

I'm looking forward to detailing my locos and rolling stock, but I'm not letting myself get into that until I have my layout advanced enough to run them properly!

Rob

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Thank you

Yes I did and it takes about 10-12 hours to add light, paint interior, add posters etc + paint 25 odd people(people take the longest). Thats just 1 coach.

We shall see what people think only problem is I am not a big seller so people might shy off from it.

Ahh well we shall see!

m

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (80class @ 6 Dec 2008, 06:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would be interested if it wasn't that LNER muck, although still streets ahead of the armageddon that followed 1948!

Rob

**** I'm trying hard to Persuade Martin that his talents are wasted on anything not in crimson lake, so far, no real progress though... he persists in buying far too many A4's in any colour they are available in - must have a liking for Volkswagen styling

Seriously though that set is a good buy for someone - I know how much Martin puts into his models and the quality of his work is top notch from the interior painting to the lights in coaches and loco - and he asked me to install the latest full featured sound file just befor he listed it... Whoever the winner is should dig deeep and negotiate for another 4 coaches - from what Martin tells me he has lots of them in the Jubilee Livery!

Richard

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
12 more coaches in fact from the jubilee packs + 2 triple dining cars which I have being working on for nearly a year. The 2 triples have a full detailed interior and I mean detailed right down to the plates, knifes, forks wine glasses and food on their plates. You can actually make out fish on some of the plates.

Was a real paint painting the bones........... with white wine of course.

Why do it?.........I must be mad! I will post some pictures of the interior when its finished. Not long now if pheonix paints can get their act together and actually supply me with the right paint!

m

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Martin71 @ 6 Dec 2008, 23:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>12 more coaches in fact from the jubilee packs + 2 triple dining cars which I have being working on for nearly a year. The 2 triples have a full detailed interior and I mean detailed right down to the plates, knifes, forks wine glasses and food on their plates. You can actually make out fish on some of the plates.

Was a real paint painting the bones........... with white wine of course.

Why do it?.........I must be mad! I will post some pictures of the interior when its finished. Not long now if pheonix paints can get their act together and actually supply me with the right paint!

m
I'd love to see some pictures of the interior. It sounds great.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Doug

Agree totally but if I had put kadee's on would people still bid......Tell you what I like kadee's and use them myself. If you win it I will put it on for free...sound fair?

The reserve is in the 460 GBP

Thanks for the comment and I will post interior pic's in due course.

m

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last days guys for those that are interested. I am a bit surprised at the low bidding but its not over yet.

m

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Hi Martin,

Really like the look of this loco be keeping an eye on it for sure

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Hi Martin, I'm not really surprised.

I buy and sell on eBay, but the eBay system is designed for the foolish who push up prices of items weeks and days before bidding ends.

Why would a serious bidder, find an item such as yours and then say bid a couple of hundred pounds on it, then leave and hope that he may just win...?

If a serious bidder wanted the item, they would wait until the end of the auction, they would evaluate from other bids if there were other serious bidders or perhaps some silly bidding, then at the last moment, they would bid.

Putting a reserve on an eBay auction doesn't help, it turns more potential bidders off. I know that you want to get what you put in back, but looking at trends, high reserves or start prices don't help that much unless the item is very much sought after.

A buy it now option at a price a little above your reserve price might have been better. It would indicate the value of the item and may get someone who is willing to pay that. You may also get more bidders bidding up to that price as long as it stays far enough below to indicate a good deal is to be had.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahh well lesson learned....Im new to selling on ebay so I dont really know how it works.

Thanks very much for the advice.

m

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Hi Martin,

As Doug has said it not always the best policy to place a reserve on an item ........ anything i place on ebay i list Buy it now with a Best Offer option .....this way you can put a sightly higher price on what it stands you foror want but buyers can submit what they are willing to pay on best offer ...... you can either consider their offer or turn it down the chioce is yours ..... with sales using this method i'm covered so the items doesnt go for a song on auction.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Amazingly it has gone up by nearly £200 just since this post was re-ignited. Perhaps some guys reading this are bidding. Martin, I assume we get the usual 10%

I really do wish you well for all the effort that you have put in. It has unfortunately gone above my limit for a nice model like that.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Perhaps a lower reserve might have helped. I know Martin has put in a tremendous amount of work not to mention the cost of the materials but sometimes people are put off by what they perceive as a high reserve. Perhaps an explanation of why the reserve was at that amount might have helped.

It's a beautiful piece of work and deserves a good home.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I Start my Auctions at 99c no reserve , usually get more than I expect for things but it is a risk on a high value item like a limited Edition set , DCC loco's always get reasonable prices but that may change with a flood of them available , I have been lucky that mine have for weeks on end been the only Fleischmann DCC loco's for sale on Ebay Australia and have got some ridiculess prices for 3 or 4 of them. (US$350 for BR221 , $320 for another BR221 4 weeks later)

Regards

Zmil

1 - 20 of 21 Posts