Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I was very suprised when Hornby produced "Live Steam", I thought we were going to get a DCC system then. Live steam cannot really be a commercial success. What chances for DCC ?, my money is on Hornby teaming up with one of the existing systems, if they do offer DCC.
Any non compatable system would be dead in the water, but who know's with Hornby.
All current DCC users are using main stream equipment and there's a lot of them. It dos'nt make commercial sence for Hornby to wonder off and produce their own thing.
As a public company Hornby main odjective is to produce profits. Development of their own system would very high. I back the introduction of a basic unit, along the lines of EZ-DCC from one of the known DCC manufacturers.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
The first, Zero One, was the first digital system available. Proprietary to Hornby, gitchy and clunky. It was not a good system. At least they should learn from that mistake
------------------------------------0---------------------------------
I think at the time system one was a bold leap. It was a non standard system that lacked sufficent support. It was way ahead of it time, given the advances in micro chips, and micro electronic's as a whole.
The entry of Hornby into DCC (assuming here it will be Standard NMRA compatable system) is to be welcomed as spreading the net of DCC users.
Intresting times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts