Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know it sounds mad, but stay with me.
A while ago, I rediscovered my Thomas the Tank stuff from when I was small. I then came across duck, thinking 'Could I covert it to a real 57XX?' It would never be a super detail engine, but I'm not fussy. I quickly went around repainting the body, and picking out the detail. I then had to locate a smokebox door. Luckily, I went on eBay, and found and old 2783 body-and I already had this loco, so I could use this eBay body for my project! I bid on it and won, and waited. All through school, I was just thinking 'Has that body arrived today?' Well, it did, and was quickly cut out and stuck onto the 57XX. I then ordered Fox Transfers numberplates and GWR Shirtbutton logos, and the waiting started again. Eventually they arrived, and were quickly applied. At last, she was finished! Oh, how do you upload photos?

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE Oh, how do you upload photos?

There are instructions somewhere, but here's my take on it

Unless you are Plus member, you can't upload directly to the Forum. What you do is upload your photos to a "free" photo facility such as Photobucket. Once the photo is there, display it in your browser and "capture" the URL (that's the text in the address bar) for the image into the Windows paste buffer (you can do that by selecting the address, right button click of the mouse and choose copy). Then you start a comment and click on the second icon after the smiley directly above the text you are typing. When the edit box pops up and asks you for the URL, you dump the Windows paste buffer into it. (mouse right click and select paste). That should do the trick.

I am interested to see the photos of your completed work!

David

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
That looks really good.

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
That looks pretty good. Interestingly enough many years ago I did the reverse and converted a 57xx into Duck for a mates son (before H brought out theirs) I think he's still got it. He's at uni now and hopefully won't see this.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts