Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm tempted but haven't read many opinions about the unit. It all seems fairly low key. No big announcement from Hornby, no reviews in the mags (surely they would have been the first to get review samples), not many postings about them.

Is this becasue everyone who's bought one is happy, or is everyone holding off (like me) to compare it with the forthcoming Bachmann Dynamis ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seen that - but it was done in the early days and I thought we might get some feedback from satisfied (or not) owners now they've had a chance to play with them.

I don't need the wireless capability of the forthcoming Dynamis, nor do I like the look of its thumb controller. I'd like to say I'm a knob man, but that might not come across well on here...............

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks chaps. Gary - I've read the review, but this came out about a month ago and there seemed to be some "issues" that merited further investigation. And as this review states, its "first impressions".

We've got some confusion with the review too. It states early in the review that the software was upgraded to version 1.1, but at the end it says "18th April 2007 Update - Since the Hornby Elite review was prepared Hornby have released a firmware update (ver 1.1). Following the download of new software, CV values are now read back accurately. For visitors who wishes to update their Elite drivers there is a link to the Hornby firmware update in the review."

I have a friend who got the Select - which despite its shortcomings, still does what he wants it too. But for full compatibility should a visitor bring a loco, I want 2 and 4 digit addressing, the ability to write and read CV's, and the ability to use lenz, hornby and bachmann decoders (as these seem to be the most readily available, plus Loksound ones if I want to use SWD 's offerings, without any compatibility problems.

In this regard, i feel the Elite and the Dynamis both share these attributes, so they;re neck and neck on the features I want. I will compare price when they're both in the shops.

So, if anyone has a months worht of feedback, I'd be interested in hearing that ! And reading the above link, does this mean v1.2 is on its way ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.