Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
An excellent review Madkitten! Good (unflattering) photos which give a clear image of the finish. My only grouse would be the droopy buffers but other than that (and the recessed fan grills) it is a really supberb model and one which deserves sound!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Great review Madkitten, I'll just have to persevere with being awkward as I really can't afford to start yet another collection. (anyway I always preferred them in grubby rail blue!)

Regards

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Well outside my modelling period but an interesting read none the less.

Thanks for taking the time to do it.

David

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thamks for your efforts Madkitten. A fine review of what is obviously a good model. (You can tell a good model these days by the lack of heat on forums!)
) Like 60134 I agree it's a prime candidate for sound.
Looking forward to more from you.

·
In depth idiot
7,684 Posts
Particularly liked the photographs to pick out the detail. Useful review.
QUOTE (ozwarrior @ 8 Jan 2008, 20:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>..You can tell a good model these days by the lack of heat on forums! ..
That is a great aspect of the net. The sampling of opinion is usually broad enough to pick up all but the most obscure problems with a model, so if practically nothing emerges....

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Excellent constructive & detailed review - thanks Madkitten.

This certainly is a nice model - not keen on the EWS livery though, but that's just personal preference.

Just one question - do the fans work with the traction motor or do they have a separate motor to drive them ?

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
The fans have a belt drive from the traction motor which means they don't run when the loco is halted which is a shame - DCC would allow a separate drive!

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (60134 @ 10 Jan 2008, 10:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The fans have a belt drive from the traction motor which means they don't run when the loco is halted which is a shame - DCC would allow a separate drive!

Who will be the first to fit a separate motor on DCC then ?

I have a Trix BR53 with condensing tender - that looks really good when the loco is stationary & the fans are running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts